When I chose to do this for one of my honors assignments, I hadn’t ever memorized lines for a play before, so when I got the script the task became very daunting to me. I have only ever memorized poems which are written in a very different format, without long pauses for other people to speak. It all seemed very scary at first. I started out by trying to memorize at least two pages of my lines a day, and then going over them in study center. One of my main worries when I first started memorizing was whether I would be able to know when to say my lines. To help with this I would read the other parts out loud flip the paper and say my line, and look back at the script to see if I had said the line correctly. This helped me out a lot, because a lot of the time I was practicing, I didn’t have anyone that could read the other parts for me. It also helped because I soon began to memorize small bits of lines for the other parts, and I began to get used to saying my lines without the crutch of having to read the script to know what to say and when. A few times I even read my lines to our ducks for the extra practice. Overall the hardest part was convincing myself that I could memorize my whole part, because it probably was the longest thing I have ever memorized.
I thoroughly enjoyed your performance. You could really tell that you knew your lines. Not only did you know your lines, but you really understood the emotions of your character. You used the emotions well in the play, and you could really tell what your character was feeling. You also played of the emotions, lines, and movements of the other actors in your scene. I especially enjoyed your performance, because you yelled, which I have never heard you do before.
When I chose to do this for one of my honors assignments, I hadn’t ever memorized lines for a play before, so when I got the script the task became very daunting to me. I have only ever memorized poems which are written in a very different format, without long pauses for other people to speak. It all seemed very scary at first. I started out by trying to memorize at least two pages of my lines a day, and then going over them in study center. One of my main worries when I first started memorizing was whether I would be able to know when to say my lines. To help with this I would read the other parts out loud flip the paper and say my line, and look back at the script to see if I had said the line correctly. This helped me out a lot, because a lot of the time I was practicing, I didn’t have anyone that could read the other parts for me. It also helped because I soon began to memorize small bits of lines for the other parts, and I began to get used to saying my lines without the crutch of having to read the script to know what to say and when. A few times I even read my lines to our ducks for the extra practice. Overall the hardest part was convincing myself that I could memorize my whole part, because it probably was the longest thing I have ever memorized.
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed your performance. You could really tell that you knew your lines. Not only did you know your lines, but you really understood the emotions of your character. You used the emotions well in the play, and you could really tell what your character was feeling. You also played of the emotions, lines, and movements of the other actors in your scene. I especially enjoyed your performance, because you yelled, which I have never heard you do before.
ReplyDelete