Monday, July 31, 2017

YWP for 2nd Quarter: due Fri, Jan 10 by 8pm

Post the title of your piece here. Also name the prompt, and pate a link to your piece on the YWP website. For options, see https://youngwritersproject.org/challenges18-19.

19 comments:


  1. Prompt: Mountains
    Link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/30805

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To elaborate on the prompt. Here's what it was:

      "CJP-WHERE I LIVE"
      Take a moment to think about where you live. What makes it unique, special, feel like home? Maybe it could be better, but for this challenge, focus on what's good about it -- and write!

      Delete
    2. Olivia, I really resonated with your piece and agreed with all that you had to say. I think about where I want to live in the future and I always think of wanting to live in a place surrounded by nature. Sometimes I even forget that some places in the world, don’t have surrounding mountains. My favorite line from your piece was, “One of the best feelings you can ever experience is waking up before everyone else, catching the sun rising and illuminating the mountains with various shades of pink, purple, and orange.” This was the part of the piece that I liked and agree with the most. I always like the quiet feeling in the morning, where no one else is up and you can just look out at the fog, and the sunrise.

      Delete
    3. I found this very relatable as many of the thoughts you expressed here are straight out of my own head. There are many times where I would very much like to live in a different part of the country but when I step outside, BOOM I see the mountains and the green and I feel content with my life and where I am. Many people go they're whole life wishing that they were doing something else, or somewhere different. I am happy that you are content with where you are and I hope to read more pieces like this in the future! Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the positivity in this piece. My favorite line was "To have something about tomorrow that makes me smile"

      Delete
    2. FYI to everyone: Kaitlyn's reply is to Hunter's "Tomorrow, I hope" post.

      Delete
  3. Prompt: fifteen words
    Link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/31217

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a detailed version of the prompt:

      Describe yourself in 15 words. No more, no less... A sentence, phrases, whatever you'd like.

      For the avids:
      Describe anyone or anything around you. Just remember: only 15.

      Delete
    2. Kaitlyn I really enjoyed your piece. I personally think that the piece has a very hopeful message in it. I also think the message especially gives hope for the future. In your piece even though it only used 15 words, I feel like you were really able to tell a story with a positive message.

      Delete
    3. I really this piece, because it brings light in the world. It's a sign of hope for anyone that needs it. I like how you added "waiting to be discovered" because I think lots of people need to hear that. Patience is key and we just need to wait for "the universe" as you put it.

      Delete
    4. I liked your fifteen words for this, I find it to a very inspiring quote, and as my anthology stated "I am a sucker for a good quote." I really do believe this is one of those quotes. I also think that it is a very true statement, and that many people need to be reminded of this.

      Delete
    5. Right after I read this, I said "WOW" I was totally shocked that something that was so simplistic could have a huge meaning. I liked how you formatted it and how it flowed. I think that many people don't understand this and they just want everything in front of them. This beautiful piece shows us that we all have something, even if it has not appeared in out lives. Keep up the great work!

      Delete
  4. Prompt: Tomorrow. Begin a poem or story with the words, “Tomorrow, I hope...”

    Link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/31002

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prompt: Fifteen Describe yourself in exactly 15 words — no more, no less. A sentence or list.
    Link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/31372

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the few words you used to describe yourself, although it is so short I think you did a really good job describing yourself. I also like how you didn't make it a list of fifteen things about you, and made it into a statement that I believe many people can relate to.

      Delete
  6. Prompt: Prompt: Nonverbal Imagine for a moment, if you can, that our society was without speech. Using inspiration from dance or pantomime, write a story or poem about a “conversation” between two people expressed solely through the movements of face or body.

    Link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/31460

    (REVISED)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how each line ended with a rhyme to the previous line. You really nailed the prompt, in your poem. You also set the scene very well with "walks into the store with a strut" It is a short piece and it shows the quick interaction between two people by making it into elaborate poem. I also like your analogy of the "inflatable tube man" because I can so easily picture that movement. I think the title of your poem connects to the theme and what you wrote as well.

      Delete
  7. Prompt: Tomorrow

    https://youngwritersproject.org/node/31465

    ReplyDelete